Tuesday, April 27, 2010

behind the trigger

I am the voice that is never heard
speaking to a crowd that refuses to listen
dismissing my thoughts as random ramblings
ignoring my cries for help until I scream with bullets
I am the voice behind the trigger
ignored until I pull it
forcing the world to listen
but they don’t hear me
refuse to hear me
it seems I’ll never be heard
since my words are ignored when I speak
I make the bullets scream
and the sirens yell
mothers wail
still, I am not heard
the screams are too loud
the wailing draws a crowd
drowning out my voice
why won’t anyone listen?

don’t you see me?
look at me
covered in pain,
anger and frustration
just give me a little attention
a little hope
some small sign that my existence
is not in vain
look at me
the outcome of all
that you have/haven’t done
a reflection of your actions/inaction
can you see yourself
in my eyes?
hear your voice when I speak?
it is your blood
coursing through my veins
boiling as I reach my peak
cold steel in hand
shaking
impatiently clinching
eyes shut
as the bullet explodes
seeking a target
screaming
demanding attention
no longer asking
I’m done masking my feelings
this is my moment of healing
stray bullets revealing
what you refuse to accept;
I’ve lost my way

4 comments:

Witmoe said...

added 4 something in the morning ? Yes indeed we are having some crazy times right now. I love your word play

cisily said...

Yes, I wake at 4 every morning for some reason. I usually start my day, but sometimes I try to sleep again. Thank you for reading and for the critic. I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Why are all of your lyrics so sad and about a lost love he must have broken your heart. On the positive side I feel what you right.

cisily said...

all of my poems are not about a lost love. i write what i am moved to write. i'm glad you feel it, but you should read all of them.